Ways to Sell or Pawn Your iPhoneJanuary 4, 2022 11:08 pm Leave your thoughts
Even if the latest model doesn’t have that many new features, a new iPhone comes out every year or so. If you’re into new technology and always want the latest and greatest model, you’ll want to ditch your old phone and buy a new one. But don’t just give your old phone away—consider selling or pawning it to a pawn shop.
If you’re interested in working with a pawn shop, keep reading. This post will teach you everything you need to know about how to pawn an iPhone.
Why do iPhones lose value so fast?
Let’s start with why smartphones lose value so quickly before we get into how to pawn an iPhone. As noted above, new cell phone models come out each year, effectively devaluing the older models. Since they want you to buy the newest model, many manufacturers don’t design their phones to last for very long.
Steps to sell or pawn a cell phone
Pawning a cell phone is an easy process, but you’ll want to follow these steps to ensure you get the most money for your old phone:
- Learn your phone’s value: We recommend doing a little research about your phone’s value before you head into the pawn shop. Many pawn shop associates will haggle with you on its price, and you’ll be better prepared for the discussion if you’ve read up on your phone.
- Find all the accessories: You’ll also want to spend a little time searching for all your phone’s accessories before you sell or pawn a cell phone. Pawn shops will typically give you more money if you bring in the charging cable, charging block and even the original box your phone came in.
- Clean your phone: Think of yourself as a buyer when you go in to sell your phone. Would you rather buy a phone that’s dirty and gross or one that looks like it just came out of the box? You’d want the one that looks new. Pawn shop owners feel the same way and will pay more for phones that are in like-new condition.
- Transfer your data: You don’t want to lose all of your contacts, pictures, videos, music and any other data once you sell your phone, so back everything up on your computer or the cloud before heading down to the pawn shop.
- Wipe your personal information: Most people have a whole lot of personal information stored on their phones. If that applies to you, the last thing you want is for someone to buy your phone and get access to all of that information. You’ll most likely find an option to wipe your phone under settings.
Be sure to come to Sydmor’s Jewelry & Pawn Shop
If you’re looking to pawn a cell phone, work with our team at Sydmor’s Jewelry & Pawn Shop. We offer the best deals for folks interested in selling or pawning their items. Plus, we have a massive inventory of electronics, jewelry, guns, tools and much more. Stop in today to see what we can do for you.
Categorised in: Electronics
This post was written by Writer